Writing Coaching is for women seeking support and councel at any stage in their writing process or project.
Some of the biggest hurdles that women face when we begin to write are fear, getting started and a lack of structure.
Free initial consultation
Sessions are available weekdays from 11:30 am – 7:30 pm PT
My name is Marn Norwich, and I specialize in coaching women writers. I have a 25-year background as a writer, editor, consultant and workshop facilitator, along with decades of experience as an intuitive energy therapist.
It would be my great pleasure to work with you and support you wherever you are in your writing process!
If you feel stuck, I will be delighted to witness you overcome your blocks and write again.
In the process, I will love to see you gain self-understanding, grow confidence, adopt great writing habits, get inspired and learn techniques to keep you motivated.
If applicable, I will guide you toward healing through long-standing issues and support you to feel a greater sense of self-connection, calmness and grounding.
Along the way, I will help you to develop a strategy that works for your book or project and support you to organize your material.
For clients who choose, I will serve as an editor for your work as you develop it toward its potential.
My work is woman-centred, trauma-informed and non-hierarchical.
$126 per 90-minute session
Sliding scale options
How it works
Sessions are 60-90 minutes and are available by phone, Zoom, FaceTime or in-person.
Sessions begin with an intake where you are invited to speak about your writing process, project and any blocks you are experiencing.
- Insight about and release of blocks
- Healing for writing and communication issues
- Tools to get writing and stay writing
- Structural planning and organization
- Accountability support
- Editorial feedback on any part of your work
Sample Coaching Clients
- Writers seeking to change genre/adapt their work to a new genre
- Mid-career or established writers seeking a reboot
- New writers
I offer a variety of techniques to support you to open to your creative flow. These include:
- Counseling for your writing issues and related life experiences
- Brainstorming ideas for your project
- Structural and organizational support
- Intuitive energy therapy (i.e. reiki + related modalities) to help understand reasons for blocks and dissolve them
- Intuitive and practical insights into what you can do to overcome blocks and other emotional issues that obstruct your creative flow
- Guided visualization and centring techniques
- Co-writing i.e. writing together to support you to gain comfort with your writing
- Personalized writing prompts designed to help you break through blocks
- Personalized techniques to access your story
- Supported writing, as in therapeutic letters to your higher self or to those who you are in conflict with
Session + Package Fees
Free initial consultation
Note: Sessions and packages are offered on a sliding scale for low-income people.
(90 minutes, recommended)
The Power-Pack (6 hours)
The four-session pack (6 hours) is for writers who would like to resolve specific writing issues with the benefit of regular coaching over a one-month period. The Power-Pack gives you:
- A super-shot of guidance, healing, techniques and inspiration to blast through your block and gain valuable self-insight
- Regular sessions to provide you with an opportunity to build on the work
- A warm and motivating coach to hold you accountable as you reach for your writing dreams
The Dream-Maker (2-3 months)
Three months: 18 hours ($40 savings): $1440 + GST = $1,440
The eight to 12-session pack (12-18 hours) is for writers who would like the benefit of regular coaching and support over a two or three-month period. The Dream-Maker gives you:
- Regular and sustained writing coaching and support as you develop your project/book.
- An accumulating library of guidance and writing techniques personalized for your use over the course of your creative life
- The opportunity to heal old issues through counseling and energy work over a sustained period, allowing you to deepen and expand your process
- Expanded inspiration and motivation to blast through your blocks and gain valuable self-insight
- The opportunity to delve deeply into your writing with the warm, solid and consistent encouragement of a coach at your side
Fee to be determined based on personal package selection
This six to 12-month program is tailored to your specific writing and coaching needs.
This package is for you if you are seeking sustained coaching and or editorial input with your writing process/project.
How it works:
You meet with Marn for a pro bono session in which you discuss your needs for your writing path, process or project.
With your input, Marn develops an individualized six to 12-month program to suit your needs.
Featured options include:
- Regular coaching and energy work sessions, in-person or via phone, Zoom or FaceTime
- Regular editorial feedback: clarity, flow, structure
- Touch-base phone sessions
- Project initiation session with intention-setting, individualized prompts, energy work, vision creation
- Project launching with attention to organizational input, agenda-setting, inspiration, individualized prompts, daily schedule, story plan, flow, process, discipline and space creation
- Energy work to address issues that arise, flow-enhancement/block breaking, resistance, motivation, inspiration
- Participation in VWWC’s weekly Women’s Writing as Healing workshops series
This 6-12 month program offers:
- Sustained and intensive personal support, insight and intuitive energy work while you develop yourself as a writer and/or develop your project or manuscript
- Professional and regular editorial input to strengthen your writing and increase your capacity for impact with your words
- Regular intuitive energy work sessions to empower you and support you to break through blocks, heal new and persistent issues, relax and ground into the moment
- The opportunity to heal through counseling and energy work over a sustained period, allowing you to deepen and expand your process
- An accumulating library of guidance along with personal and editorial techniques individualized for your project and available for you over the course of your creative life
- Regular blasts of inspiration and motivation to support you to continue writing, break through blocks and gain valuable self-insight
- The opportunity to delve intensively into your writing over a sustained period of time, with the warm, solid and consistent encouragement of a coach at your side
Fee to be determined based on personalized package selection