Welcome to Vancouver Writing Courses!
Organizations hire us to:
- train their staff in effective, pursuasive professional writing
- provide engaging creative writing workshops to enhance personal development and team-building
- build and refine staff online writing skills
- provide ESL language training and support to staff
Individuals hire us to:
- provide one-on-one mentorship in creative, academic, business or general writing
- provide ESL mentorship in spoken and written English through conversation and lessons
We also provide creative, poetic performance for events ranging from conferences to professional development days, from staff retreats to fundraisers.
We offer free introductory classes through our Meetup group.
For info on our writing classes for people in trauma and recovery, please see Writing for Recovery.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional writing workshops with a personal, compassionate and engaging delivery.
VWC has a Meetup group! Join us for workshops and classes in creative writing. We also offer free introductory classes on an ongoing basis.
Meetings provide new and seasoned writers with an opportunity to connect with local writers, dialogue about writing and the creative process, write to prompts and exercises designed to get us thinking and writing in new ways, get inspired and have fun!
Ask about our bulk packages for on-site courses or individual mentorship!
“I have never seen a training with such lasting impact! Thanks again for taking such great care to respond to our needs.”
Astarte Sands, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, MOSAIC
“Marni Norwich’s natural ability to create a supportive environment conducive for creative writing is simply unparalleled!”
Caroline Crowe, Librarian, Vancouver Public Library